Do Not Adjust Your Set
I millioner af hjem i Storbritannien skete der ved juletid i 1967 noget mystisk, og globalt set ville tv-komediegenren aldrig blive den samme igen, efter at denne underlige, vidunderlige og hysterisk morsomme serie ramte seerne i ansigtet som en våd fisk. Do Not Adjust Your Set er skrevet af Eric Idle, Terry Jones og Michael Palin, der også medvirkede i serien og indeholder satiriske, surrealistiske og endda makabre sketches, vekslende med absurde sange og intermezzoer, og Do Not Adjust Your Set har uden tvivl virket som inspiration til Monty Python's Flying Circus og hele Monty Python-arven.
Husk også At Last the 1948 Show.
Specielt om denne udgivelse:
Do Not Adjust Your Set, a madcap sketch show with a cult following, was a huge influence on television comedy. Written by and starring Michael Palin, Terry Jones and Eric Idle, with performances and additional material by David Jason and Denise Coffey, it also provided a showcase for Terry Gilliam's animations and the musical antics of art-school jazz-anarchists The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band. This collection brings together all the existing shows from the Rediffusion and Thames series for the first time. Among the five episodes entirely new to DVD, two were previously thought lost entirely.
- Original aspect ratio 4:3
- Spilletid: ca. 361 minutter + ekstramateriale
- Audio: Engelsk DD1.0 mono
- Undertekster: Engelsk (for hørehæmmede)
- Putting Strange Things Together (2019, 33 mins): Michael Palin recalls his early TV days, including Do Not Adjust Your Set
- We Just Want You to Invent the Show (2019, 34 mins): Humphrey Barclay on his comedy career from Footlights to Rediffusion
- The Uninvited Guest Star (2019, 5 mins): Tim Brooke-Taylor on his Do Not Adjust Your Set appearance
- The Funniest Thing on English Television (2019, 7 mins): John Cleese reflects on the show's impact
- Bonzos on the Box (2018, 60 mins): new feature-length documentary on The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band featuring Neil Innes, Rodney Slater, Roger Ruskin-Spear and 'Legs' Larry Smith
- The Doo-Dah Discotheque (2019): a Bonzo video jukebox
- The Intro and the Outro (2018, 2 mins): a newly filmed introduction by Neil Innes
- The Christmas Card (1968, 3 mins)
- Beware of the Elephants (1968, 3 mins)
- Learning to Live with an Elephant (1968, 4 mins): animations by Terry Gilliam, newly scanned from his own 35mm film masters
- Lost Listens (1969, audio): rare sound-only excerpts from missing Thames episodes
- Do Not Adjust Your Scripts: reproductions of scripts from missing Rediffusion episodes
- The Humphrey Barclay Scrapbook: photos, cuttings and drawings from the legendary producer's personal archive
- Illustrated booklet with an introduction by Michael Palin, an exclusive interview with David Jason, new contributions from Humphrey Barclay, Neil Innes, 'Legs' Larry Smith and Kaleidoscope's Chris Perry, plus essay and episode guides by the BFI's Vic Pratt, comedy context by Dick Fiddy and musical notes by The Doo-Dah Diaries' David Christie